Thursday, June 11, 2009

final finally finalized.

weesh.I didn't know if i was going to make it out of this term with all of my hair, as of this post (and maybe a few more organizational things) i'm done. hopefully. there might be some loose ends here and there...BUT-- My poster series is done, and that's all that's important right now.
I made a series of three posters based on the artist/graphic designer/illustrator/sculptor/accordian player Leo Lionni. he's a great fellow, and i really enjoyed learning about him. I based the structure of each of my posters on a design he did for the MOMA exhibition book The Family of Man (1955). I used it as a framework to show some of his other design work, illustration, photography, sculpture, children's books, and paintings. He really did a lot of stuff, kind of a jack of all trades, that Leo. The text that i used was from his autobiography (between two worlds) and from AIGA's article on him. I set all my text in Century School book because read somewhere that he really liked it.
here's me series:






No comments: